Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programme (MBSR)
8 Week Programme with Kathryn
Imagine finding new tools for living with greater ease, joy, depth, resilience and balance. Mindfulness is one of the greatest gifts you can offer yourself and those you share your life with.
Kathryn O’Halloran, Centre for Mindfulness Ireland, is offering a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8 Week Programme starting on 23rd January 2018. This programme includes 8 weekly classes and one full day session. MBSR is a world renowned evidence based programme developed by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Center for Mindfulness (CFM), University of Massachusetts Medical School almost 40 years ago.
The MBSR is participatory, supportive and structured and is open to anyone who would like to invest time learning new ways to enhance wellbeing and live life with awareness and presence.
- A 2.5 hour session once a week for 8 weeks
- One experiential day retreat during the course
- Daily practice of 45-60 minutes on all non-class days during the course
- Mindfulness Practices including a variety of meditations
- Gentle yoga and body movements
- Interactive exercises to develop mindful awareness and presence
BENEFITS CAN INCLUDE:
- An increased ability to relax and experience calm
- Valuable life skills for developing emotional, mental and physical well-being
- Enhanced clarity, concentration and enthusiasm for life
- Techniques for living in the present moment
- Increased self-awareness and self-understanding
- Experiencing how we can connect with our inner strengths and wisdom
- An understanding of what gives rise to stress and how to deal with stress and anxiety more effectively
- Positive communication and relational skills
WHY PEOPLE TAKE THIS COURSE:
TEACHER: Kathryn O’Halloran, MBSR Teacher
VENUE: Novara Centre, 11 Fitzwilliam Terrace, Strand Road, Bray, Co Wicklow
DATES: 23rd January – 13th March, 2018
TIMES: Tuesdays 7pm to 9.30pm and Sunday 4th March from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.
TUITION FEE: €350 to include 8 sessions, one day retreat, course handbook and 2 CDs
MBSR Programme Application Form
TO BOOK A PLACE: Please fill out this form and submit to Centre for Mindfulness Ireland.
Kathryn is a qualified nurse with over 20 years’ experience, both at home and abroad.
Kathryn has been practising yoga and meditation for over ten years. She has undergone formal training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) at the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University, Wales.
She has also completed Phase 4, the Teacher Development Intensive (TDI), in the training pathway to certification in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with the Centre for Mindfulness (CFM), University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts.
She adheres to the Irish Good Practice Guidelines for Teaching Mindfulness-Based Courses which include engaging in regular supervision sessions and ongoing trainings and retreats.
Kathryn is also a .b teacher (pronounced dot-be) having trained with The Mindfulness in Schools Project. This is a 10 session programme developed for 11-18 year olds which fits in well to the SPHE curriculum in schools. She has also trained in the Mindful Schools curriculum for schools kids from 5 years up to 18 years.
Along with Kathryn’s warmth and care, she brings a wealth of experience to her teaching of Mindfulness in a wide variety of settings.